Wednesday, December 30, 2009

It's Not Even New Year's Eve and I'm Exhausted

I admit it, I am totally fried from vacation this week. Alone with the three kids all week and one child with a substantially high fever, has been enough to make me eat lots of chocolate I don't need (but saves me from pulling out the liquor) and I have yelled at my kids more than they deserve. I'm tired and I need a break. And don't think for a second that I have not told myself "2010 is another opportunity for me to become the parent I want to be!"

So my message this week is going to be short and sweet.

I started this blog because I care deeply about the institution of education. I feel that teachers are gifted artists that build the future and have a great deal of power in moving our society to its next level of great thinkers in all areas. While I feel teachers are the professionals and should be given much greater respect, I also feel parents need to know, be connected and in tune with educational philosophy and child development technique and practice. I hope that I have helped to get parents thinking about their role as educators for their children and that through my shared experiences on this blog, both negative and positive that I have lead you into understanding that much like a great classroom teacher, it is not knowledge or perfection that makes you a great parent, but aiming to be better, trying new approaches, laughing at yourself, being honest with your children within reason, forgiving yourself and recognizing that a fair portion of your child's development is out of your control.

I wish you all a very happy, healthy New Year!

Please continue to email me with your questions in 2010.

Sara Lise

1 comment:

  1. As an educator for the past 12 years, I know exactly what you mean about caring deeply about this institution! Kudos for you for starting this blog!

    Thanks so much for your comment today @Theta Mom, glad you did so now I know where I can find you! ;)

    ReplyDelete